Statement of Faith
At Friendship Baptist Church, we believe the Holy Bible is the inspired word of God and is the basis for any statement of faith. The Church subscribes to the doctrinal statement of "The Baptist Faith and Message" as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention in 1963. We band ourselves together as the body of baptized believers in Jesus Christ personally committed to sharing the good news of salvation to lost mankind. The ordinances of the church are baptism and the Lord's Supper.
The purposes of this church shall be:
- To provide regular opportunities for public worship and fellowship with God and other believers.
- To sustain the ordinances, doctrines and ethics set forth in the New Testament for the church of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To nurture its members through a program of Chistian education.
- To channel its offerings to the support of the objects of the Kingdon of God.
- To preach and promote among all people the gospel of the Revelation of God through Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- To minister unselfishly to persons in the church, the community and the world in Jesus' name.